The Mexican Federation of Sail (Federación Mexicana de Vela) has given by initiated the first edition of the FMV CUP 2016 Vallarta Nayarit, which is composed of five races that will bring together around 1,500 sailors of 51 different countries of the world and will take place from February until May of this year.
This first edition of "FMV CUP" will count with the participation of prominent national and foreign athletes, and it´s taking place along the Pacific Coast, in the Bay of Banderas, where Puerto Vallarta and Riviera Nayarit represent one of the most important scenes for the sailing at the international level.
The regattas that integrate this cup of the FMV, through the Mexican Circuit of sailing, are:
• Vallarta Race (February 19-27): from San Diego to Puerto Vallarta, with 22 boats and 296 sailors.
• MEXORC (February28 to March 03): at Marina Vallarta in Puerto Vallarta, with 15 boats and 270 sailors.
• WESMEX (February 25-28): at the Yacht Club in Marina of Nuevo Vallarta, Riviera Nayarit, with 250 boats and 250 sailors.
• Banderas Bay Regata (March 09-13): at the Yacht Club in Marina of Nuevo Vallarta, Riviera Nayarit, with 15 boats and 200 sailors.
• Mundial Laser (April 04 to May 30): at the Yacht Club in Marina of Nuevo Vallarta, Riviera Nayarit, with 509 boats and 509 sailors registered from now (open enrollment).
"The warm waters of the Mexican Pacific have proved to be the best venue for these regattas, beyond being a sporting event of high level, we also expect that it will be a holiday experience that generate emotional ties for visitors to become ambassadors and promote all the advantages of these tourist destinations with their friends, relatives and acquaintances," said the engineer Giovanni Aloi Timeus, president of the Mexican Federation of Sailing.