- The weather in Portugal depends heavily on the region where is located. The northern part shows snowfall in the winter, and tends to be hot in spring and summer. The southern part is warmer than the northern part, so wearing a winter coat will be enough to stop suffering from the cold.
- Tourists entering or leaving the country with an amount equal to or greater than 10 billion euros are required to declare to customs.
- Shopping malls have extended hours service, ranging from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. Meanwhile, Banks, generally have a schedule from 8:30 to 15:00 hours.
- Portugal has one of the best varieties of seafood to enjoy for breakfast or for an elegant dinner.
- The diversity of activities that exist in Portugal attracts different types of tourism, so it is advisable to set the time for the greatest enjoyment of all the beauties that the Lusitanian lands offer to each of its visitors.
- The candlelight procession held on May 12th is a good option to meet one of the most important habits of Portugal; where it is celebrated Our Lady of Fatima, being one of the tops of the Lusitanian people worship.
- In this nation, golf enthusiasts can find the best fields in Europe, such the best green in the region of Algarve.
- The waves of Nazaré are a natural spectacle, showing a phenomenon in which waves can reach approximately 30 meters high, making it attractive for both; viewers and for the most intrepid surfers.
- In summer, it can be seen in Lisbon one of the most beautiful lights, so it is advisable not to forget your sunglasses. In fact, this city has earned the nickname of White City.
- Throughout the year, Portugal celebrates various world-class fairs and festivals, so it is a good idea to consult a guide before arriving, so you can remember what can be enjoyed at the time of the visit.
Text: Alonso Bejarano ± Photo: wps / PENHALOGA / BALX