- When travelling to Burj Khalifa, it is advisable to purchase your flight tickets at the “At the Top” office, inside the Dubai Mall, with at least two days in anticipation. For a magnificent sunset, travelers should schedule their flights for an evening arrival.
- When visiting the Sheikh Zayed Mosque, it is recommended to join the morning guided tours. These are considerably less crowded than the tours offer at later hours, and will allow tour guides to provide more detailed information about the Mosque and its surroundings.
- The United Arab Emirates is a place rich in religious iconography and symbolism which is highly revered by its inhabitants. Travelers would do well to respect these aspects of Arab culture, especially when visiting the Sheihk Zayed Mosque.
- The Dubai Mall parking is large and complicate but with the ticket you will know the vehicle is secure, and visitors will know exactly where they parked it.
- The Sheik Zayed Mosque is a landmark not to be overlooked. Its exterior design is one of great architectural beauty, very much in par with the elegant interior design, which features marble decorations and walls fitted with precious stones. Chandeliers up to 10m in height and furnished in gold adorn the ceiling.
- Travelers who seek to indulge in the modern aspects of Abu Dhabi can do so at the Marina mall Tower. This colorful complex boasts a wide array of shopping boutiques, movie theaters, restaurants and cafes that are open mornings and evenings, all while admiring the spectacular views towards the Emirates Palace hotel, the Arab Gulf, The Corniche and Lulu island.
- Hertiage Village is another fantastic spot to visit. It is a recreation of a Bedouin village, giving travelers the opportunity to acquire beautiful local arts and crafts. After travelling through the various shops, one can brunch or dine at the restaurants located close to the area, which offer traditional Arab cuisine.
- For those interested in state-of-the-art architecture, few buildings surpass the magnificence of the Burj Khalifa, the tallest skyscraper in the world, and the place that offers the most breathtaking views of the area.
- Dubai Mall offers the most extensive and varied selection of shopping boutiques in the region, and the hotel also features an indoor skating rink and a mesmerizing aquarium over 45m in length where one can admire different maritime species.
Text: Gustavo Pérez ± Photo: Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority