With almost 8000 species is the only Aquarium that exist in New York. It opened its doors for the first time on December 10, 1896, in Lower Manhattan. This location closed in 1941 and passed to its present location in Battery Park.
The Wildfire Conservation Society is its current administrator and they have struggled to make the environment in which the animals live as close to their habitat.
Text: Leslie J. López / Miguel Peráza ± Photo: BP / WPS / linio / GALLERRY INTEL / MOMA / STK / NEW YORK PANORAMA / WPSS / PEM / WDS / BNET / BOWERY / CONTEMPORARARY / CONTEMPORARY ART DAILY / ART NY /STATICK / GAGOSIAN GALLERY