- The perfect place for mega yachts of up to 300m of length and maximum profundity of 30 m, is the Marina of Port d’ Hercule in Monaco, situated on the natural bay of the French Riviera. Not only does it have all the services and commodities for the attachment, but it also counts with a vast plethora of options of complementary nautic activities.
- Marina Grande in Capri, Italy, possesses capacity for yachts of 60m of length with a profundity of 8 meters. This marina has all the services; it has water and electricity for its attachments. The sportive port is opened 24 hours.
- The charming and glamourous locality of Saint Tropez, in France, is the ideal place for an attachment in the Mediterranean. The international airport of Nice is located only 80 minutes away, while Cannes, famous for its cinematographic festivals, is 20 minutes closer.
- Reservation for the marina at Gustavia Port, St Barts, in the Caribbean, must be done with antellation; during the high touristic season a space is almost impossible to get. It only offers attachment for 15 super yachts.
- Each port has a different type of plus and water hydrant, it’s important to have several adaptors to be able to enjoy the services of any marina.
- It’s important to know what flag your yacht will have; you may choose it according to the shipyard you have designed it with or opt for the flag where the boat will live. This last option is a good choice due to taxes.
- The waiting list for attachment during the Cannes Festival is of almost a year, even if cancellations may present. The marina is located next to the Casino, which is only 10 minutes away from the red carpet.
- It’s important to admire the remains and expressions of Roman and Byzantine cultures in the beautiful and colourful main port of Capri, Italy.
- The town of Porto Cervo in Sardinia, Italy, is a living masterpiece. It was designed throughout 50 or 60 years by several artists that unite architects and landscapers such as Jacques Couelle, Michele Busiri Vici and Luigi Vietti.
- The port of Miami Beach, in Florida, United States, has an olympic pool and it’s one of the most modern and recognized marinas in the world due to it’s high quality services.
- Yas Marina in Abu Dhabi was specially built to enjoy everything related to the F1; it has a theme park and an aquatic center, a sportive port, spaces for practicing several sports and entertainment, as well as a hotel with views of the Yas Mina Circuit.
- Very close to the Gustavia Marina in St. Barts, Saint-Jean bay is located; it’s one of the preferred ports in the world by Rockefeller. It used to be protected by cannons installed in it’s center, they date from the times of the corsairs which were at large. In this site, several sites exist which hold the most exclusive restaurants in the world, as well as shops and hotels in this region of the Caribbean.
Text: AMURA ± Photo: IBIZA YACHTS / BITTAVISOMR / CAMPER NICHOLSONS